Last visit was: less than a minute ago
It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 00:05




 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
New Finance Minister and new times. 
Author Message

Joined: 26 Nov 2008, 00:46
Posts: 522
Post Re: New Finance Minister and new times.
Crazyfrog11 wrote:
The main reason he never gotten a chance is becaouse i first heard his name this week. And well... Let's just say it was a bad start for us.

Ofcourse i have no problem with letting him share his views, but don't come say we never made progress. Lets just say tax revenue has increased with approximately 33300% since i first started controlling FinDep (With some help) and we had a good control for almost a year.


I dont think that tax revenue is an accurate representation of the success of fin Dep as your main job is controlling the currency and advising congress on best course of action. Also, I never said you didnt make progress, what i said was that if you dont try something new you will not make any. Two different things, my point i was trying to make was that what is wrong with letting some fresh blood in to MoF for a little bit? As you know in history each new MoF has bought with them their own way of doing things, some good, some bad, but at least give the person a chance before assuming. And yes i realize that having someone you just heard of last week become MoF is a bit hard as you havent had the chance to at least vet the guy, but things are what they are, i dont see why people must be dragged kicking and screaming. Its not gonna kill.


24 Jun 2011, 02:42
User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 16:47
Posts: 5348
Post Re: New Finance Minister and new times.
carlos wrote:
You can not equate a president making a decision in the best interests of the country to a statement of his personal feelings towards an individual valnad. Much like i dont assume you hate Yoshi because of the objections you have raised. You can see by what he has said and done, making Crazy an advisor, keeping access to RB, and close forums etc that he has not severed all links. Again i understand where you are coming from, but i will say that its a bit of a stretch to link business with pleasure. I am not saying you shouldnt comment on the issue, just do not make it personal. I still respect you even though at this moment i dont agree with you.


To each his own.

You're right in assuming that I don't dislike Yoshi; that would've been utterly absurd. He's a stranger to me, I have nothing against him nor do I claim to know him. He seems nice and that's all I can say, really.

Our relation and that between Lonestar and Froggy are hardly comparable. I have a few players in this community that I'd say are amongst my friends. To me there's more to a friendship than a position in the government. Froggy and Lonestar go way back and have known each other longer than I've known any of them. If these events undermine that friendship, I sincerely hope that both will learn a few valuable lesson from it.

Friendship is way more important than public relations. He who tries to remain friends with everyone will ususally end up having no friends at all. To me, that is the biggest loss in this whole drama... in comparsion to that, I couldn't care less about what happens with the MoF 12 days before the next election, so, like you so nicely put it: let's not dig any deeper into this than we already have. This is Moria and we've mined way too far down these tunnels.

_________________
Image


24 Jun 2011, 02:53

Joined: 26 Nov 2008, 00:46
Posts: 522
Post Re: New Finance Minister and new times.
Valnad wrote:
carlos wrote:
You can not equate a president making a decision in the best interests of the country to a statement of his personal feelings towards an individual valnad. Much like i dont assume you hate Yoshi because of the objections you have raised. You can see by what he has said and done, making Crazy an advisor, keeping access to RB, and close forums etc that he has not severed all links. Again i understand where you are coming from, but i will say that its a bit of a stretch to link business with pleasure. I am not saying you shouldnt comment on the issue, just do not make it personal. I still respect you even though at this moment i dont agree with you.


To each his own.

You're right in assuming that I don't dislike Yoshi; that would've been utterly absurd. He's a stranger to me, I have nothing against him nor do I claim to know him. He seems nice and that's all I can say, really.

Our relation and that between Lonestar and Froggy are hardly comparable. I have a few players in this community that I'd say are amongst my friends. To me there's more to a friendship than a position in the government. Froggy and Lonestar go way back and have known each other longer than I've known any of them. If these events undermine that friendship, I sincerely hope that both will learn a few valuable lesson from it.

Friendship is way more important than public relations. He who tries to remain friends with everyone will ususally end up having no friends at all. To me, that is the biggest loss in this whole drama... in comparsion to that, I couldn't care less about what happens with the MoF 12 days before the next election, so, like you so nicely put it: let's not dig any deeper into this than we already have. This is Moria and we've mined way too far down these tunnels.


I agree! bearing in mind that Yoshi and Flitwick have already resigned over this, and therefore further discussion seems to be based on a moot point i have this parting thing to say. I seriously think that some re-examination has to take place here. Lonestar, a swedish patriot through and through, a person who has fought for his country since before many of us were even eBorn integrity has been called in to question, and that is something that i will not tolerate, and from his friends no less! The fact is that he was well within his right as president to do what he did, and it was based on a genuine sense of concern. I honestly think some people have to have a damn good think about what has been said here. I dont care what you say about me, but when you start calling my friends (Lonestar, Flitwick, Yoshi) integrity in to question you better god damn know the consequences.

I too hope that no friendships will break up over this valnad, but i am in deep thought that something this relatively minor was dug so deep.


24 Jun 2011, 03:13
User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2010, 13:04
Posts: 1511
Location: København, Scandinaviens Hovedstad!
Post Re: New Finance Minister and new times.
One quick thing that springs to mind, when I read through this thread..

Some people, Valnad especially(not that I want to point fingers :) ), talk about people earning their way to the ministries..
They do, however, not take into consideration what work Yoshi might have done prior to this union, what kind of work he has done that earns him our trust..
We, the former eDanes, trusts the guys you pick to run the offices.. We don't argue every time someone, for us, unknown Swede is appointed a high-rank position.. We trust that people wouldn't get elected, unless they were trustworthy, reliable and had some kind of insight..
However, it seems like it's a one-way thing.. You don't trust our decisions, which is very unfortunate for the continuance of this Union..

_________________
Image


24 Jun 2011, 04:12
User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 16:47
Posts: 5348
Post Re: New Finance Minister and new times.
Nightly rages, you just gotta love 'em :D

I think we should hold a meeting but I agree that one of the prerequisites should be that everyone drinks so much that they don't remember any of this by saturday and then we can talk about how bad the weather during midsummer's instead.

Btw, I actually think we both agree to the first point. Sort things out with froggy, he's much more important than your presidency. There's a reason why people quit that job, you know... the mystery is why some of us ran for re-election ;)

Stente wrote:
One quick thing that springs to mind, when I read through this thread..

Some people, Valnad especially(not that I want to point fingers :) ), talk about people earning their way to the ministries..
They do, however, not take into consideration what work Yoshi might have done prior to this union, what kind of work he has done that earns him our trust..
We, the former eDanes, trusts the guys you pick to run the offices.. We don't argue every time someone, for us, unknown Swede is appointed a high-rank position.. We trust that people wouldn't get elected, unless they were trustworthy, reliable and had some kind of insight..
However, it seems like it's a one-way thing.. You don't trust our decisions, which is very unfortunate for the continuance of this Union..


I don't mind you pointing a few fingers at me, I stand by my opinion that this has nothing to do with Yoshi nor his qualifications on some other account or country. Besides, any information regarding his merits were a mystery to us before the ragefest began.

It's also quite natural that you don't rage against appointed Swedish ministers since it's natural that you might not know everyone in a community so much larger than your own. DK is more like a family where everyone knows everyone. In eSweden, that is pretty much impossible. I didn't know Wtfleninlol when he was appointed, and I was against that as well, if it makes you feel any better. I've really tried to underline that this has nothing to do with the person but everything to do with the process of how someone gets appointed as minister.

I respect the chain of command and Lonestar being the King Pin in eSweden right now has the power to elect whoever he so chooses and fire each and everyone of us if that makes his chances of enjoying that vacation any better, but my opinion was asked for and thus I elaborated on the subject from my personal perspective.

You do what you want, but if you're going to rage when I tell you how I feel about it... don't make the mistake of asking :D

_________________
Image


24 Jun 2011, 04:31
User avatar

Joined: 17 Apr 2008, 17:08
Posts: 622
Post Re: New Finance Minister and new times.
I can agree with people being handpicked, whatever nationality they might have, had or not have.
I can agree that letting strangers into a Ministry can come off as both rude, unexpected and disturbing.

What I cannot grasp is why people is backing up how CrazyFrog11 has been performing his duties as Minister of Finance. On more than one occasion, he has deliberately said "I'm not going to do what you tell me to". How on earth is that, in any way, shape or form, defensible?

I do not know this man. This is the man with the codes to the safe, who gets to control all our tax revenue in a private organization account. The donation lists to that account are anonymous. There is no way for anyone either inside - which I learned as a two-month trainee under Ghinsberg - our outside, as we have learned as Norsefire Congressmen, to even get a glimpse into the vault and it's balances.

There's not even a way to check out what goes in, what comes out and what's left. There hasn't even been a financial statement - which I truly applaud Ghinsberg for - in two months.

So, as a stranger, tell me: what is so great about CrazyFrog11's term as Minister of Finance?

He starts of by doing an extremely dangerous and risky thing - without even consulting a single congressman or other members of his government. Then, when we start criticizing this move - and start to ask what his strategy to evade a rampant gold price is, we're fed a picture that says "If you're not agreeing it's because you're wrong."

I'm sorry, maybe I'm taking this a bit too serious. Maybe I'm just expecting a MoF that:
1) Follows democratic process.
2) Has some degree (ANYTHING FFS) of Transparency to his organization.
3) Acts like a Minister - for example not answering questions with "shut up".

_________________
Image
Do the indepen-dance!


24 Jun 2011, 10:09
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

server monitor Page Ranking Tool

 

Powered by phpBB | Style by ST Software