Last visit was: less than a minute ago
It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 12:19

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
New Finance Minister and new times. 

Post Re: New Finance Minister and new times.
SwedenCitizen wrote:
Yossi Ghinsberg wrote:
I have great conficendce in The Epic Frog and must say it's very sad to hear he must leave. If this is the only reason that's a shame... he have great experience and have done a great job during a very long period of time.

All respect to Midori, but i think it's resonable to demand atleast a few month in the ministry of finance before entering the position as MoF. If not only to learn, but also to prove he is a proper jew!!

Hat of to you, exactly how I feel as well.

-Athos

22 Jun 2011, 23:35

I don't like lobbyism and this smells like lobbyism so without hurting anyone's feeling I'll just keep my feelings to myself. Nothing personal, it's just that people don't always appreciate honesty.

23 Jun 2011, 14:48

Well it's pretty simple - if I do not have the full confidence of the government and the people, there's no point in me taking the position, as I cannot do my job without that confidence. So far I have only seen a lot of hints, and no real declaration of no confidence, but it is getting slightly annoying to be honest.

If you have an issue with Lonestar's decision, take it up with him. If you have an issue with me then come to me. But grow a pair and deal with the issues rather than this grumbling in the corners with no one dealing with the issues at hand. IT's immature and it hinders the work of the government as a whole.

So in short I would like to ask people to either suck it up and move on, or come to me in person, rather than this "dancing around the pot, no one touching it"-kind of thing.

23 Jun 2011, 15:07

Yoshi Midori wrote:
Well it's pretty simple - if I do not have the full confidence of the government and the people, there's no point in me taking the position, as I cannot do my job without that confidence. So far I have only seen a lot of hints, and no real declaration of no confidence, but it is getting slightly annoying to be honest.

If you have an issue with Lonestar's decision, take it up with him. If you have an issue with me then come to me. But grow a pair and deal with the issues rather than this grumbling in the corners with no one dealing with the issues at hand. IT's immature and it hinders the work of the government as a whole.

So in short I would like to ask people to either suck it up and move on, or come to me in person, rather than this "dancing around the pot, no one touching it"-kind of thing.

Well, if you feel like listening I'm definitely not the one who keep silent.

You're unknown to the majority of our community. I'm well aware that you may be competent enough to handle the tasks of the MoF - since I don't know you, I can't tell, but I won't pretend that it isn't a possibility.

My problem isn't with you but with how your position was given to you. The most natural decision in times when you - as Lonestar did - wants to kick one of the important ministers out of office is to consult with the remaining staff whether they have someone in mind for replacing the sacked minister in question.

Your name could have been brought forward and been discussed. The ministry could have been involved in the recruiting process, which isn't really that much to ask for considering how many of the players in this ministry have months or even years of experience of being part of the MoF.

Why I call it lobbyism is because I think you got the position not because of your qualifications - since you obviously didn't even ask for it, I assume that this isn't something you pictured yourself to be doing anytime soon - but because it makes for a fine, political assignment and a way to improve relations between you and the president; which in essence translates to Lonestar securing continuing Norsefire support by handing out government jobs to you and your fellow party members.

Now, this may of course be false. I'm not saying that it's true either. All I'm saying that this is how it instinctively feels, taking in account why 12 months of government experience and what I now know of how politics work in this country.

23 Jun 2011, 16:37

Valnad wrote:
Well, if you feel like listening I'm definitely not the one who keep silent.

You're unknown to the majority of our community. I'm well aware that you may be competent enough to handle the tasks of the MoF - since I don't know you, I can't tell, but I won't pretend that it isn't a possibility.

My problem isn't with you but with how your position was given to you. The most natural decision in times when you - as Lonestar did - wants to kick one of the important ministers out of office is to consult with the remaining staff whether they have someone in mind for replacing the sacked minister in question.

Your name could have been brought forward and been discussed. The ministry could have been involved in the recruiting process, which isn't really that much to ask for considering how many of the players in this ministry have months or even years of experience of being part of the MoF.

Makes sense. I believe everything got very chaotic because apparently Lonestar is on vacation, and at least we in Norsefire didn't know that until some random post somewhere here on the forum yesterday. Naturally that means less activity etc., at a time where we obviously needed a full time president. Not much to do about it now though.

Valnad wrote:
Why I call it lobbyism is because I think you got the position not because of your qualifications - since you obviously didn't even ask for it, I assume that this isn't something you pictured yourself to be doing anytime soon - but because it makes for a fine, political assignment and a way to improve relations between you and the president; which in essence translates to Lonestar securing continuing Norsefire support by handing out government jobs to you and your fellow party members.

Now, this may of course be false. I'm not saying that it's true either. All I'm saying that this is how it instinctively feels, taking in account why 12 months of government experience and what I now know of how politics work in this country.

I have no idea about the possible plans behind this. All I can say is that some night a few days ago i was approached and asked if I were interested, presumeably due to my high activity and the discussion about the MM. It was Flitwick that brought me the message, and I can't really say what happened between those two, I just know my name came up and was apparently good enough that they agreed to ask me.

The reason I asked for people to speak up now is because so far only Flitwick and Lonestar have expressed confidence in me, while others have either kept their mouth closed, or more or less said they didn't think I was a good choice. Atm we have 4-5 members of the government that do not agree with the idea of me as MoF, and additionally the two global moderators that also hold the key to riksbanken seem to think likewise. Clearly I cannot really work under these conditions, I think you should then in the rest of the government select someone else.

I don't recall a single occasion where a majority of the government has more or less openly opposed a minister and the minister has continued in the position. I do not intend to break that tradition. I just hope for the sake of Homonavia that you work quickly then.

23 Jun 2011, 17:12

Norsefire - and others with us whom I cannot speak for - have pointed out our problems with a minister that doesn't follow congress majority decisions. It reduces the point of trying to act in a democratic fashion - because that is what we're trying, right? - to something quite different: a state run byg egos.

While we clearly poster our criticism to CrazyFrog11, he simply replied with "find a replacement". He has done this on several occasions, and yet no one has answered the call for the task.

What are our options? Do we go with a MoF that won't do what congress tells him to and shoots from the hip - or do we throw someone WE know can do the job, in lack of other alternatives? What is the best for a) the state and b) for Norsefire? Of course we put Yoshi forward.

I'm not saying that Yoshi is in any way a lesser candidate. I just know he has a lot more important IRL-stuff to attend to. If you don't trust him, then you're in the position we were in: find a gotdamn replacement, or stuff it. Where are the alternatives? We sure as shiet haven't seen anyone willing to take over the task

23 Jun 2011, 17:58

P3nix: I can tell you one thing. The ansver of a) sure as hell ain't the same as b)

Make the figures yourself.

23 Jun 2011, 20:55

Yoshi will have to try really hard to do the same amount of damage you've done Crazy. Especially since he doesn't even have the codes.

Your paranoia is duly noted.

23 Jun 2011, 21:04

pho3nix wrote:
Yoshi will have to try really hard to do the same amount of damage you've done Crazy. Especially since he doesn't even have the codes.

Your paranoia is duly noted.

Start this time last year and count together the damage. Be my guest to say if we improved or declined since that.

23 Jun 2011, 21:14

If I am one of the gmods against you in your list, remove me. You answered the reason I has spy ta in you and I see it as "solved"

Ps;
All aware that this is a public part of the forum, and you are mention things said in secured roons

23 Jun 2011, 21:17 WWW
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next